Having been to Disney World quite a few times I thankfully know a thing or two about the Walt Disney World Fastpass system (ya know, trying to be helpful… not a brag).
There’s no doubt about it that having a few pre-booked Fastpasses will certainly save you a lot of time during your Disney World vacation. And if you don’t know what a Fastpass is… I’m going to tell you all about it.
So, If any of you folks are wearing hats or glasses, best remove em cause this here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness!
What the heck is a Fastpass?!
Imagine strolling over to Fantasyland trying to contain your excitement over your soon-to-be first ride on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train only to be greeted with a sign saying 120 minute wait. Would you really want to spend all that time in a line?
I don’t know about you, but I’d much prefer to be chilling with a dole whip, indulging in a mini Insta shoot in front of the Purple Wall and enjoying some of the other rides before casually scanning my Magic Band and grabbing a spot on the Mine Train within the space of 5 minutes.
When you book a Disney World vacation, I highly suggest taking some time to plan out and book some Fastpasses on your My Disney Experience app so you can make the most out of your trip.
If you book a Disney World Package holiday and are staying on site, you have the ability to book Fastpasses 60 days in advance or when you buy a Park pass, you can book 30 days in advance. Either way, I highly suggest you do.
How To Book A Fastpass
Park guests are lucky enough to be able to pre-book up to 3 Fastpasses a day (per person) for your entire stay. It may sound daunting but it really couldn’t be easier. Here’s how you do it.
- Open the My Disney Experience App or open in a web browser (I suggest creating an account ahead of time)
- Make sure your tickets are linked
- Select My Plans — Add FastPass+
- Here you can choose whether to create Fastpasses for just yourself or everyone in your party
- Select the first day you wish to use a Disney Fastpass (remember you are able to book up to 3 for everyday of your stay until your pass runs out)
- Select your preferred park for that day
- Here you can filter your times by clicking the morning, afternoon and evening button at the top of the screen, select a time frame or just scroll until you find a time you like
- Select a time and ride that works for you
- Confirm your selection and repeat until you have booked all the Fastpasses you want for your stay
What rides are worth a Fastpass?
Well it wouldn’t be very fair if I told you all of that and didn’t mention what rides are worth a Fastpass right? Of course depending on what time of year you go, wait times can differ but there’s a few rides that nearly always have a long line. So take a look at these:
Magic Kingdom –
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin (during peak seasons)
- Haunted Mansion (during peak seasons)
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean (during peak seasons)
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Frozen Ever After
- Soarin’ Around The World
- Test Track
Disney’s Animal Kingdom –
- Avatar Flight of Passage (an absolute must)
- Expedition Everest
- Kali River Rapids (during peak seasons)
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Na’vi River Journey
Disney’s Hollywood Studios –
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Smugglers Run
- Rock n Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours (during peak seasons)
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Tips to remember:
- You can change your Fastpasses when you like but times may be limited
- Each booked Fastpass allows you an hour from the start time to get to the ride
- Once you have used all 3 Fastpasses on the day, you can book 1 more on the app or at a kiosk
- On a park day, if you are looking to book a Disney Fastpass but can’t find a time that suits you, keep refreshing the screen and you may be in luck
- Fastpasses can also be used for experiences Eg. Can allow for better seating areas during firework shows etc
So, are you ready to start booking those passes?